Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ankle broke ~ spirit bruised ~ the overview

Im 33 ~ a weekend warrior, a father of a 3 year old, and my lady has a bun in the oven.  This will be my story of recovery.
How it happened: I was a a competition, putting a 180 bag over a bar.  the bag came back at me and i came back on my ankle wrong.

I will not focus on the bad in this blog. I will focus on how I am making this work.

My 3 goals
1. Do not re-injure myself
2. Loose minimal fitness during the next 29 days while i am in a hard cast
3. Stay mentally positive!!

11/23/2011 844pm
I am surprised that this blog is already getting views.  I should give more background.
1. I am a teacher
2. Past sports that I have hit hard: running (long distance), triathlons, surfing.  I had a kid which is the best thing that ever happened to me.  But since then 3.5 years ago I have been searching for a sport that challenges and pushes me while being flexible enough to give me time to be a dad and husband first.

I spent 16 weeks training at a crossfit type gym with that focused on lots of weigh.  The experience was amazing.  I have lived in pain for the entire time but I have never been stronger.

Last Saturday I got hurt at a competition; for reasons I do not want to discuss I will be finding a new traditional crossfit gym.

The purpose of the blog is simply a in depth training journal.  I was researching what I was going to go through in the next few months and I did not find a good "average joes" experience.